SCHOOL IS ONE OF THE BEST PLACE YOU CAN EVER BE. Article By Frazier



We all hate school! Oh wait, Most of us dislike school, personally I don’t like school. I wonder who like school!
Maybe my friend Tymo, because when we were still at school, coming back from short or long leave, form 3, 4, 5 and 6! He would report at 9am!! if he delays; 10am. He was one of the few miracles I beheld during my school times. He was living over 100 km’s from School, and will take 3 hours by car from his home town to School. I wonder at what time he was leaving home.
Well guess what, I was staying just few meters from school, my father is a teacher where I studied. (with Tymo of course), (not that the whole class was me and Tymo; No, it just happen that, today is Tymo’s lucky day!) So I was living just nearby; but always suffer the consequence of delay similar to students from Mtwara, Dar-es Salaam, and Mwanza. For them delaying was reasonable! I was always among the last students to report to school; I don’t know why!
The worst experience was that; my father was teaching me Mathematics, a subject you’d kill me to like it. Don’t you ever think you are the only person who knows what going through hell looks like. I HAVE BEEN THERE! I was among the top last Students in Mathematics, AND AM PROUD OF IT.
Here is why I didn’t like school, and don’t be deceived, honestly, mathematics wasn’t among reasons why I didn’t like school. And am not lying!!… Being in uniform for 10 or more hours, too much grounded, slashing grasses, waking up at 5am just to mop corridors or toilets, wearing white socks, assembling, (I was a bit lawbreaker so assembling was my greatest fear)…
By then these were the reasons why I didn’t like school. And I don’t blame myself for disliking school! And I won’t be surprised to see students disliking school life. The redemption day will come and they will cross the red sea!
Back then I didn’t understand what school was all about! But truly school life is one of the most vital episodes in our lives. It gives a very substantial contribution to make us who we really want to be.
Uniform: You will always hate uniform as long as you are under the rules to put them on. But when you done with Secondary school, it’s never again a problem! By the way only who are in uniform feel uncomfortable in them, for us who are no longer subjects of the Uniform, it’s OK with us! Even when we have to walk with you in Town, as long as you don’t follow us to Club! Everywhere else is Cool. (just kidding)
It’s perfectly normal for students to hate uniform, it’s human nature, WE ALL LOVE TO LOOK DIFFERENT! AND UNIFORM DOESN’T ALLOW THAT. Just go with it, It won’t last forever.
Works; it actually taught me what life is all about! “YOU WANT BREAD, WORK FOR IT” “DEVELOPMENT IS WORK AND WORK IS DEVELOPMENT” “WORK IS LIFE AND LIFE IS WORK”. And now I enjoy all works; even the ones I didn’t like during school time. Working makes me feel alive and of an impact. Attending garden, cleaning my room, planting trees, writing, doing business… FEELS GOOD.
Assembling: I miss my Classmates. Now when we get-together, whether coincidentally or prearranged I SEE THE BEAUTY OF ASSEMBLING.
I miss school, and I miss Mathematics, I miss Kiswahili and the Books of “Is It Possible” and “Ngoswe” In Primary school level, i miss “Mzee Tola” “Chitemo” “La la laaa”. School is the best place ever, for our present and our future. When we grow up, we understand how “craving knowledge is embracing greatness”.
We can change perceptions of our beloved young brothers and sisters who think as I thought; that, school is the worst and most boring place to be!
We can let our students who are undoubtedly engineers, Lawyers, doctors, fashionistas, musicians, sociologists, business men and women, writers etc. of today and tomorrow to know that, if they will understand the hidden treasure in books and school life, especially into fostering our potentials and natural talents, we can reassure the welfare and the future of our globe in all aspects of life.
I remember, I first perform singing in public when I was in form one. It was on graduation, in-front of more than 2000 people. That was a turning point of my singing career! From there I defeated my shy, and had a full control of my spirit and mind. Now when I perform, I feel how that moment made me. If it weren’t for school life, probably I would have given up on my music career.
Education waters the seeds of professionalism we have inside us. Education does not directly make us professionals but rather it makes us knowledgeable; and with knowledge, Passion and Experience WE BECOME PROFESSIONALS.
Lastly, Tymo is one of my greatest inspirations. He is the one inspired me into Reading books (7 years ago). Something I’ve never thought one day it will become my hobby.  
DEAR YOUNG BROTHERS AND SISTERS, STUDENTS AND HOPE OF OUR NATION AND OUR CONTINENT, SCHOOL IS AWESOME, STUDYING IS GREATNESS AND PERFORMING IS RESPECT. MAKE THE MOST OF IT.

Share on Google Plus

About The Light