LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS.... There is a WAY... by Frazier Light


In a course of my career practical experiences, I worked with one of the institutions dealing with health care provision and medical services. It is one among very nice hospitals around the place, and most people in the place or even far prefers their services.
My working experience was a huge advantage to my self and I believe to my clients as well. I was able not only to improve my practical professional skills, but to improve my social life style skills and understanding others.
In this article I mean to share a part of my experience while working with my clients who 90% or more were HIV +
I was working as a social worker in CTC (Counseling and Treatment Clinic), RCH (Reproductive and Child Health) and Palliative Care departments where as i explained before, most of my clients were people living with HIV/AIDS.

The work was very challenging, consider that, I was dealing with a situation that I can only experience it though imagination! Personally it was a very big challenge, as we all know, its hard and practically impossible to help a person in a situation you can only imagine and have no personal experience about it! All you can do is trying your level best of professional theoretical experience, to conqure it. It’s like trying to get an elephant inside the anthill!

Despite all the facts of impossibilities, I had to do my work! I had to find a way, where there was no way! So I started reading books and reading through the internet! Sometimes visit them at their homes or arrange for outing, whatever I could do, just to feel what they feel and to partly experience what they experience! But yet it didn’t help as much as I expected! yah Unfortunately;

Does it mean there is no way?
NO!

THERE IS A WAY!
The reason why i couldnt bring results to my clients as i expected! The reason why despite of my theoretical professional experience i wasnt of a significant help to them, was Because I was looking for a way out of myself, while; THE ONLY WAY IS FOUND IN PEOPLE THEMSELVES (the one living with HIV/AIDS) so I had to prepare them to see a way out through themselves!

HOW?

They love me and am forever grateful for that, they listen to me and they trust me! I had to make sure that they do if I really want to achieve my goal. Now am not writing this for them, but for me and you! I want you to know that I love you, I trust you and I’m happy when hear from you that you have been able if you are HIV + to conquer your situation. Or on the other side you have been able to guide someone or a group of people who are HIV+ !

OK; Let’s begin it this way:

Life is a journey full of choices! Like any other journey it has its destination! AND THE DESTINATION OF LIFE IS DEATH, WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT.... SO WITH OR WITHOUT HIV/AIDS WE ALL GOING TO DIE SOMEDAY!

All the choices in life anyone of us can make, so do not beat up yourself so hardly badly simply because you made a choice that costs eventually! Nevertheless it doesn’t mean others who have not made the same choices as you, are better than you! NO! Maybe they weren’t exposed to the environment you are or were!















AS LONG AS WE ALL GOING TO DIE EVENTUALLY! WE ALL HAVE A CHOICE TO LIVE NOW! And no matter how many wrong or right choices you have made, A CHOICE-TO-LIVE IS ALWAYS THERE! THIS IS THE GREATEST CHOICE OF ALL! IT CANT BE AFFECTED BY YOUR HIV CONDITION BUT CAN BE AFFECTED BY YOUR MINDSET.  All other choices can have a dead line, BUT A CHOICE TO LIVE. A choice to do what you can do best, a choice to smile, a choice to LOVE and a choice to take risk and do what you had never thought you can do. A choice to leave a LEGACY.

YOU HAVE A CHOICE, YOU CAN MAKE A CHOICE, THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY; MAKE YOUR CHOICE! Whether to live dead, or die-alive!
(So many people are alive but dead, regardless of their HIV status! Don't be one!)

We have two options! This goes to each one of us! 1. To live dead (you are alive but hopeless! So; you do nothing for yourself and the generations  to come) 2. To Die but Living forever . (Mwalimu Nyerere, Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln, Albert Einstein, Michael Jackson and so many others are still alive in our world today because of the contribution they made)

TODAY, MAKE A CHOICE TO LIVE. WHETHER YOU ARE POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE YOU STILL HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.

Each day when I wake up, I see an opportunity to do something for myself and for the coming generation. I choose to live, whether I’m positive or negative I CHOOSE TO LIVE. What do you Choose.

Share on Google Plus

About The Light