YOU ARE THE SUCCESS, MAKE THE MOST OF IT By Frazier Light



Less privileged people use their unfortunates to justify their poverty (lack of material or resources)! If you have noticed for instance who earns low salaries, blames the government for improper education to their children; Blames the local government and the Non Governmental Organizations for not being efficient in their responsibilities let alone condemning them for misappropriation.

I have been working (still working) with several Non Governmental Organizations for quite some time now (in office works as well as the field activities in short term contracts). One of the very critical challenges we face, is the expectations of the community members to go contrary to the Organization’s Vision and mission despite the sensitization outreaches!

Finding the organization is operating in a system of Programs and Projects for the benefits of the whole society but some people (in a huge percent I may say) wants the benefits to be personal! You will hear statements like “They should give priorities to us first because we are poor” “we really have problems here! we really do, please bring assistance to us” “My Children were registered for sponsorship but they haven’t got any! You must be using us to make money for your selves!”

When these people complain like this, there are several projects going on in that respective community but they have not engaged in any of them! and it is Simply because he/she had to contribute 3% to benefit (You know about the cost sharing and its significance)

Now this is POVERTY! Not actually their state of lack but how they think and literally blame other people for their own failure! Or/and counting other people responsible for them!! (THIS IS A CRITICAL CHALLENGE WE ARE FACING AS DEVELOPING COUNTRIES).

This is what i can say:
1. What we really need is not assistance rather the ability to assist ourselves! And to do this we need to change our minds from “WE NEED HELP/WE ARE POOR AND UNABLE” to “WE CAN DO IT WITH OR WITHOUT ASSISTANCE; WE WANT CHANGE AND WE CAN CHANGE BECAUSE WE ARE ABLE TO CHANGE” “I AM THE SOURCE OF MY OWN DEVELOPMENT! I AM RESPONSIBLE” With these mindsets I want to assure you that we are going to make it! It may not be immediately but DEFINITELY.

2. it’s not about where we are rather WHERE WE SEE OURSELVES HEADING TO. William (Bill) My Co-worker wrote something like this in his Swahili article “wewe si tatizo, wewe si sehemu ya tatizo…” If there is something I can insist, is to NEVER define yourself basing on where you are but the VISION of where you are heading to! You may be ordinary today, but tomorrow, the greatest of your kind. If there is something I daily pray for, is to have respect genuinely to every person no matter his/her status. To be humble genuinely from the heart! Because the people I may underrate today may turn to be the most people I need tomorrow!

3. DON’T BE STAGNATED IN DEVELOPMENT! YOU CANT RELY ON THE SAME INCOME AND THE SAME ACTIVITY FOR 3, 5 to 10 years! Think outside the Box, INVEST, take risks! Do new things! There is a Matching Guy “Machinga” in one of the bus stations, I used to see him with his box of biscuits and some sweets ever since I was in Class 3 (year 2000) and until the last time I checked it was 2013 (I was in the second year of my university studies) He was at the same station with the same Box! It has been 13 years! Can you imagine! I CRIED BITTERLY, I CRIED SO MUCH! I wish I could have an opportunity to advice him or mentor him! But unfortunately I couldn’t.

It’s because of this experience and experiences like this, have inspired me to have a vision to reach the multitude with a word of inspiration, education, mentoring and motivation (the vision which I swore to achieve, with or without support)
When you read this, inspire other people to read it. Learn this and if you find it worthy, teach and speak to others about this.
THANK YOU

Share on Google Plus

About The Light

0 comments:

Post a Comment